The lawsuit has been filed by real estate agent Diane Chung who alleges that her Galaxy Note 9 became “extremely hot” all-of-a-sudden while she was in an elevator. So, Chung stopped using the phone and put it in her purse, but she soon heard whistling and screeching sounds, along with thick smoke coming from it. Chung pulled out the device, which was piping hot and burnt her fingers, from the purse and threw out the Galaxy Note 9 on the elevator floor. The Galaxy Note 9 had caught fire and it didn’t stop until a passerby picked up the device and placed in a bucket of water. Chung’s lawsuit called the whole experience ‘traumatic’.

A Samsung spokesperson in an official statement said, “Samsung takes customer safety very seriously and we stand behind the quality We have not received any reports of similar incidents involving a Galaxy Note 9 device and we are investigating the matter.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here